A bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates can feel so little by comparison with everything our mums have done for us.
So, why not treat her by booking her a mum and daughter or mum and son cruise, or a cruise with all the family?
Or, if your mum loves to travel alone, book her a solo trip where she can have a wonderful adventure and meet new friends.
Present her with the booking confirmation and make her Mother’s Day!
Then, you’ll all have something to look forward to over the spring and summer.
To make it a great experience for your mum, make sure you have these six essentials…
- The right sort of entertainment – Does your mum love West End shows? Does she love a good mystery? Is she a disco diva? Do your research on the entertainment provided by different ships. There’s something for every taste, from productions of Grease and Cats to murder mysteries, pop, jazz, and classical concerts, and plenty of dancing in on-board nightclubs.
- A pamper package – Help her relax and enjoy the trip with spa treatments. From a hot stone massage to facials, pedicures, manicures, and Indian head massage, there are so many options available. She’ll feel fabulous!
- A drinks package – Take all the worry about paying for extras away by pre-booking drinks.
- A photography package – To capture family photographs or pictures of your mum enjoying herself. Photographs on board can be cheaper than having a photoshoot at home on land, and she will have packed her best clothes, after all! Cruising is about making wonderful memories, and photographs will be a lasting reminder of them.
- Superfast WiFi – To help your mum keep in touch with everyone when she’s on board. Many mums have friends and relatives across the UK and abroad, so updating them on how she’s getting on is important. Most cruise ships now have excellent WiFi connections so keeping all her loved ones up to date will be easy. Superfast WiFi will help her Skype relatives and friends, go live on Facebook, and upload videos to Instagram.
- One special meal outside the main dining room – All-inclusive cruises include meals in the main dining room, but it’s worth organising one special meal for her. Some cruise lines now have deals for on-board restaurants such as Celebrity Cruises’ set fees, Norwegian’s two-for-one offers, or you could look for lines where there are no supplements for dining in other restaurants. Cruise ships offer fine dining experiences alongside their main dining room. Some have classic French cooking, fusion restaurants, or premium-quality Asian cuisine.
If your mum is travelling alone, make sure the ship has plenty of activities for solo passengers, from guided excursions to hosted dinner tables.
However you choose to celebrate Mother’s Day, don’t forget to treat your mum on March 22. She deserves it!
Looking for a cruise for your mum? Search for the best deals among 15,000 itineraries from 15 major cruise lines at www.supercruises.com.