Want true romance but also want to get off the beaten track? While other lovers are heading to Paris or Rome, check out these alternative romantic cruise destinations for your Valentine…
- Antibes – Walk in the footsteps of the writer who created The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald, who lived for a time in this beautiful walled city. There are few places in the world that you can take a dip in the warm sea and look at snow-capped mountains, the Maritime Alps. Sip an absinthe and smell the wonderful perfume of lavender in the market place.
- Montreal – Tour the old city in a horse-drawn carriage, enjoy a candle-lit spa for two, or dance the tango in the park.
- Bergen – Meander down cobbled streets and marvel at Bergen’s colourful houses, then enjoy a funicular ride up Floyen mountain for spectacular views.
- Sorrento – Wander the café-lined streets and intriguing alleyways, sip a limoncello, and watch the sunset at Villa Comunale Park.
- San Francisco – Hike the Twin Peaks and see the twinkling city lights below, sample fine food in the Ferry Building, watch a Pacific sunset at Coit tower, walk hand in hand across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Auckland – Have a candle-lit dinner at Viaduct Harbour, go wine tasting at Waiheke Island, watch the sunrise at Bucklands Beach, and take in the views from the Sky Tower.
- Valencia – Sample tapas in the Old Town, taste some horchata, watch the birds and soak up the scenery by boat at Alfubera Park, and take a bike ride through the historic city centre.
What else do you need on board your romantic cruise?
❤️ A cabin with a view of the horizon – perfect for sunsets and sunrises.
❤️ Fine dining to treat your love.
❤️ An on-board spa for some relaxation and TLC.
❤️ As much privacy as you want!
CTA: Love our romantic cruise ideas? Book NOW in 6 clicks and fully online to get the best cruise for your Valentine before our sale deals are all snapped up! Search through 15,000 itineraries from 15 major cruise lines at www.supercruises.com.
Jeff Joseph owns his own blog and has 7 years experience in cruising around the world on some of the most amazing cruises ships ever made.